It’s never too early to begin thinking about Halloween (can you tell I love it), and making a special box for some of those wonderful treasures you’ve amassed over the years, is a wonderful way to start. A few drawings and images, a little Mod Podge, a trip to the dollar store, and you’re all set.
- wooden or cardboard box
- paper to use for collage eg. children’s Halloween drawings, Halloween related images, orange, black and white paper, old magazines
- small Halloween decorations
- Mod Podge
- paint brush for applying Mod Podge
1. Gather some Halloween related images and coloured paper to decorate the box. Children will love making Halloween drawings for this, and old magazines are ideal for finding suitable background colours. Boxes are easily found at dollar stores, and can be made of cardboard or wood.
2. Work on the layout, remembering to cover the sides of the lid with images as well. Once finished, apply the paper with Mod Podge using a paintbrush. Finally, when everything is in place, apply a layer of Mod Podge on top. If you apply more than one layer, make sure to wait at least 30 minutes to allow each one to dry.
Once dry, you can use the box to store all sorts of wonderful things, like candy, Halloween jewelry, or favourite decorations.