He’s making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out who’s naughty and nice? Turns out Santa’s been naughty too, and he and his crew get into their fair share of trouble. Just like their Halloween counterparts, these mischievous Christmas characters are up to no good, as last year’s mug shots reveal.
- toilet paper rolls
- glue stick
- glue gun
- double sided tape
- assortment of craft materials eg. felt, cotton balls, pipe cleaners, recycled materials, etc.
- paint and brushes
- faces – printed from internet, or drawn with markers and pencil crayons
- black card stock
- cutting mat
- craft knife
1. Have kids come up with some naughty Christmas characters, who have been up to no good. Has Buddy the elf been helping himself to gifts in Santa’s workshop? Has Frosty been drinking too much eggnog on the sly? And let’s face it, Santa does deliver all those wonderful gifts, but you just can’t go around breaking into people’s homes, even if you are sliding down a chimney. Once kids have decided on which ones to make, either print up faces from the internet, or draw them using markers and/or pencil crayons.
2. Paint the toilet paper rolls and allow to dry.
3. Attach the faces using double sided tape or glue. Use a variety of craft materials to decorate eg. pompoms, cotton balls, felt, pipe cleaners, ribbons, etc.
4. To make the mug shots, either hand write or print up the boards with the following information: the police department making the arrest, the name of the character and reason for the arrest, the arrest number, and the date it took place. Mount on a black background, and attach to each character using double sided tape.
5. Finally, place each character in front of a white background to take their mug shot.